RIP IT UP
A wave everybody dreams of having in their backyard. Perfect for practicing your core surfing skills, generating speed down the line, and performing different styles of turns. For surfers who have mastered all the fundamentals of surfing and can comfortably ride waves above 1m. You must be comfortable in most conditions, are able to duck dive, paddle, take off, negotiate sections and do turns and complete your ride safely. You understand surfing safety and surf etiquette.
WHAT IS AN ADVANCED SESSION ?
Our advanced surf sessions offer a range of different wave profiles, from open-faced waves with a smooth take off and slow peeling speed for carving, to slightly faster waves with steeper sections for vertical turns.
A typical session will begin with a gentle open-faced wave gradually increasing in intensity to more powerful and steeper sections.
Ideal for :
- Surfers who have mastered all the fundamentals of surfing
- Surfers who can comfortably ride fast waves above 1m and handle a steeper take off
- Surfers who can handle steeper sections, faster take offs, currents and have a full understanding of surfing safety and rules
Our goals for you :
- Express yourself on the waves!
- Surf with different boards
- Practice your turns and improve your style
- The waves – Perfect waves offering a variety of sections for turns and manoeuvers with a wave height of 1.5m
- Session length – 1 hour
- Safety : Supervised sessions by our coaches & lifeguards
- Booking & payments – Book your session now at booking.alaiabay.ch
WHAT WILL MY SESSION LOOK LIKE?
Arrive at Alaïa Bay an hour before the session. Check in at the main reception with a member of the Alaïa Bay team.
Access the changing rooms and mandatory safety briefing
Pool access for one hour. You will have five minutes to get into position before starting 55 minutes of non-stop surfing.
Back to the changing rooms for a refreshing shower before handing in your rented equipment.
MORE INFO ABOUT ADVANCED SESSIONS
For Advanced sessions, you will have access to the pool for 55 minutes. When you arrive at reception, you will be given a bracelet that provides access to the changing rooms and the pool. Our changing rooms are equipped with lockers to store your belongings and showers where you can freshen up after your session.
Advanced session waves are fast, technical and progressive, with a face height of 1.5m !
NEED EQUIPMENT ?
Do you need some equipment for your session? Wetsuit, boards and protection – you will find everything you need to rent at our Surf School or in our Surf Shop for sale.
The pool is accessible seven days a week. You can surf during the day or at night, depending on the session times.