A SESSION TO PROGRESS QUICKLY
A Waikiki session is a super fun session for surfers who want to progress beyond white water surfing and want to surf independently and ride the face of the wave. It is suitable for those looking for a super mellow session or for the surfer who has not been in the water for a long time.
WHAT IS A WAIKIKI SESSION?
A Waikiki session is for those surfers who want to improve their skills. A Waikiki session will allow you to improve your takeoff, travel further and go faster. Waikiki sessions will also introduce you to trimming and help you gain greater board control and confidence. It will also introduce you to surfing etiquette and the experience of being in a lineup. It will help you to develop paddle technique and surfing abilities.
Ideal for :
- Beginners who have already mastered the basics and want to progress beyond riding white water waves.
- Surfers who have caught many white water waves and ride them with control but now look for the next challenge.
- It is the perfect wave to practice what you’ve learned in your beginner classes and build your confidence in the water.
Our goals for you !
- Catch an unbroken wave on your own.
- Learn to fall safely and learn to deal with your board in different situations.
- Practice how to finish waves safely but with style.
- The waves: Small perfect gentle waves of a face height of 1 to 1 ½ foot.
- Session length: 1 hour
- Coaching: Guided by our expert coaches throughout the session to give you some tips and help you progress
- Booking & payment – Book your session at booking.alaiabay.ch
WHAT WILL MY SESSION LOOK LIKE?
Arrive at Alaïa Bay an hour before the session. Check in at the main reception with a member of the Alaïa Bay team.
Access the changing rooms and attend a safety briefing if it is your first session with us.
Pool access for one hour. You will have five minutes to get into position before starting 55 minutes of non-stop surfing
Back to the changing rooms for a refreshing shower before handing in your rented equipment.
MORE INFO ABOUT WAIKIKI SESSIONS
For Waikiki sessions, you will have access to the pool for 55 minutes. When you arrive at reception, you will be given a bracelet that provides access to the changing rooms and the pool. Our changing rooms are equipped with lockers to store your belongings and showers where you can freshen up after your session.
Waikiki sessions are suitable for surfers who want to improve while practising on small waves. These surfers understand the basics and the fundamental rules of surfing and can already ride solo. You can paddle to the peak, stand up on your board and ride the wave.
Do you need some equipment for your session? Wetsuit, boards and protection – everything you need to learn the basics of surfing are available to rent at the Surf Shop.
The pool is accessible seven days a week. You can surf during the day or at night, depending on the session times.
The Evolution Pack, the best way to discover surfing! Would you like to start surfing and develop the basic skills to go on your own? The Evolution Pack allows you to progress at your own pace by choosing the session that suits your level at a competitive price!